Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once the inspection and damage assessment step has been completed, the water extraction process begins. In this step we remove the majority of the water with powerful pumps & truck mounted industrial vacuums. These vacuums are very powerful and have the capability of removing hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property in a matter of minutes. This is a major step in the process we must get that standing water out of your home as fast and sanitary as possible. This will ensure the least amount of damage is done to your valuables and the structure of your property.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Paulding / Polk Counties can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.